Your Handy Resources
Our University of Chicago off-campus housing is located steps from city transportation (shuttle, Metra Electric, and bus stop) which make it a short walk or ride to class. Check out more information below on what Vue53 has to offer and how to complete the lease signing process as an international student.
We’re Here To Help!
What is included in each rent installment?
At Vue53, we make it easy for our residents! Included in each rent installment are the following features and utilities:
- TV stand, Coffee Table, Sofa, Chair, Barstools (only units with island kitchen) in the living room and in the bedroom memory foam mattress, bedframe, 2 drawers underneath for additional storage, and a desk and chair.
- Internet. Cable, Sewer, Water, and Trash Removal are included in Rent
- Stackable washer and dryer in every apartment
Are there any additional fees?
- One-Time Telecom Fee: At move-in, each resident is required to pay a one-time Telecom fee of $107. Included in this fee is wireless internet access for the duration of your lease as well as the cost to manage your utility accounts through our third-party provider, Conservice.
- Liability Insurance: Each resident at Vue53 is required to obtain Liability Insurance coverage of up to $100,000 per incident. A Liability Insurance Waiver is offered through Vue53 for $17 per month or residents are able to purchase their own insurance coverage through a third-party provider.
- Electricity: Electricity is not included in rent and is billed separately through ComEd. Your monthly electricity bill will be metered to what you use and will be billed through ComEd.
- Parking: Parking is available for an additional $155 per month and is managed through LAZ Parking. It is covered on the 2nd floor and partially on the 3rd floor.
- Pet Fees: Additional fees are required to register a pet at Vue53. Pet rent is $30 per month/per pet, in addition to a one-time $250 Pet Fee/Per Pet.
How do I reserve an apartment?
- To reserve your apartment, click “Reserve Now” to begin the online application process through our online leasing portal. Once you have completed your application, you will be able to sign all lease documents electronically to reserve your apartment.
- To qualify you will need to provide a copy of your Visa prior to move in and pay your first and last month’s rent up front to reserve a bed space or unit. Alternatively, you may apply via LEAP (https://www.leapeasy.com/renter-application/).